From the 1st August 2017, trucks over 4.5T are not permitted to travel in the right lane of the Pacific Highway from Springwood to Robina. More than 152,000 vehicles travel on the M1 each day, with around 12,000 of those being heavy vehicles
• Permitted to use the 2 left lanes only 24 hours a day from 1 August 2017.
• Able to overtake other vehicles, if it is safe to do so, but they must not travel outside the 2 left lanes to do so.
• Allowed to travel in the right lane to avoid an obstruction on the road only for the time it takes to clear the obstruction (for example, debris) and if it is safe to do so.
• Not permitted to travel outside of the 2 left lanes even if traffic is slow or stopped.
• The fine for an individual is $126 and 3 demerit points, or $630 for businesses.
The Department of Transport and Main Roads will report on the effectiveness of this initiative after the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
What do you think? Has this had an impact on you? Do you like it? Yes, no or thoughts in the comments.Fast Truck